No time to give us a call? You might find the answer you’re looking for in the following FAQs.
Please refer to the contacts page for the name of your account manager. In personal lines the alpha split is based on the first letter of your last name. Our staff are at your service and will respond quickly to your inquiry.
Most of our companies operate a 24 hour North America wide claims service. You can find this number by clicking on the emergency claims service button on our title page. These people are here to serve your needs when we are not.
Yes, we offer affordable payment options and in many cases credit cards can be used.
Please call your customer service representative as soon as you know there may be a problem. We can help if it is caught early enough.
Yes, all policies have special limits depending on the insurance company and the type of policy. The most common limits relate to unscheduled jewelry, watercraft, cash and business property kept at home. The special limits are listed within your policy wordings. If you have any questions please feel free to contact your customer service representative.
As insurance professionals we always recommend the best form of coverage possible.
When it comes to property insurance we recommend the Comprehensive or Gold form policies. These policies give you the widest possible coverage and the additional premium is relatively small. If you have any questions please feel free to contact your customer service representative.
Yes. In many cases your property policy limits the coverage to goods and tools pertaining to business. There are special riders to pick up the coverage on contents, equipment and liability that comes with running a business in your residence. If you have any questions please feel free to contact your customer service representative.
This mainly relates to water damage coverage. When leaving your home for more than 96 consecutive hours (4days) during the normal heating season, you must arrange for a competent person to enter your home daily. The alternative is to shut off your water supply and drain your plumbing system. If you have any questions please feel free to contact your customer service representative.
The simple answer is “Do not have any at fault losses or convictions”. Keeping a clear driving record will go a long way to save you money. With most companies, getting two or more tickets will cost you on renewal. Most preferred driving classes will only accept drivers with one ticket at the most. Any type of ticket, other than parking tickets, will affect your driving record and could cost you dearly. Visit our Insurance Tips page for more info.
Under Ontario law, the owner of the vehicle must carry the following;
- A minimum limit of liability coverage $ 200,000.00. As insurance professionals, we recommend that you spend a few extra dollars and insure your vehicle to a minimum $ 2,000,000.00
- Basic accident benefits. This coverage provides protection should you be injured in an accident. This section can pay for rehabilitation and extra medical expenses. Higher limits are available. If you have any questions please feel free to contact your customer service representative.
- Direct compensation/property damage is the section of your policy that responds to repairing your vehicle when someone else is responsible for the accident.
- Uninsured motorist coverage is self-explanatory
- Physical damage coverage (collision and comprehensive) may be required if you have a lien or loan registered against your vehicle or if you drive a leased vehicle
In many cases collision, comprehensive and most of the endorsements are considered to be optional. As insurance professionals we recommend you carry a minimum $ 500.00 collision deductible, $ 300.00 comprehensive deductible and the following endorsements,
- Loss of use (OPCF 20)
- Physical damage for short term hired automobiles (OPCF 27)
- Family protection (OPCF 44)
- Limited waiver of depreciation (OPCF 43) for those vehicles that qualify.
- Accident waiver endorsement (AWE) for those that qualify. If you have any questions please feel free to contact one of our account managers.
Any qualified, licensed operator, with your permission, can drive your vehicle and be insured under your policy. We wish to point out that this person will be driving with your insurance and your good driving record. If they have an accident it could seriously affect you.
Yes, in many cases the changes can save you money. For example if you stop driving your vehicle to work and take alternative transport, the change in class can save you premium dollars. The reverse is also true . Let’s say your vehicle was originally insured as not driving to work but you start a new job as a sale representative. A claim could be denied as a material change in risk. Also, changes in ownership should be brought to our attention. If we are to insure any vehicle properly we must have the correct owner listed. If you have any questions please feel free to contact one of our account managers.
The term “no-fault” refers to the settlement of accident benefit claims. The basic accident benefits and any optional benefits purchased will apply, whether you are responsible for the accident or not. As before, there will be fault associated with any accident with regards to the rating upon renewal. If you have any questions please feel free to contact one of our personal account managers.