Every vehicle and driver are different, meaning every auto insurance policy is different. Rates depended on several factors, including the type of vehicle, length of commute and driver experience. The average cost of auto insurance in Ottawa and surrounding areas is approximately $1,920 a year; however, you may pay more or less depending on things such as the vehicle your drive, how often and far you drive, and your experience behind the wheel.
All motorists, regardless of what they drive, are required to have auto insurance. Smith Petrie Carr & Scott offers auto insurance for a range of vehicles, including:
- Specialty Vehicles
- Antique Vehicles
Smith Petrie Carr & Scott understands the need to fit within a budget. There are ways to manage your insurance rates without sacrificing your auto insurance coverage. Please contact us to speak with a broker about your eligibility for discounts like:
- Mature Age
- Multiple Vehicle
- Conviction Free
- Away at School
- Farmer’s Discount
- Graduated License
- Loyal Client
Insurance providers take several factors into consideration when determining auto insurance rates. Some of the variables taken into consideration when calculating auto insurance premiums include:
- Type of vehicle: The make and model, year, material it was made from, etc.
- Driver experience: Newer drivers tend to see higher rates as they have less experience.
- Demographics: Age and gender.
- Length of commute: What distance does the vehicle travel every day and what is the primary use of the vehicle?
- Past accidents: The number and severity of past accidents can affect rates.
- Provincial stats: Higher distracted driving rates and more expensive vehicles on the road in Ontario can affect personal rates.
You may save on your rates by taking a driving course, modifying your commute by taking public transportation and practicing safe driving.