At Smith Petrie Carr & Scott, we want to be your “One Stop Shop” for all your insurance needs. Our Life and Living Benefits Department can provide advice and counsel on a wide range of products and options:
Life Insurance can be utilized for many of your needs including:
- Family Protection – A death in the family can be an extremely traumatic and painful time, particularly for remaining family and loved ones. The loss of a family member is emotional and traumatic and sometimes, a loss of income occurs, which can severely affect the financial future of remaining family members. For this reason, having some form of life insurance protection is essential to ensure remaining family members have the continued financial resources to maintain their standard of living.
- Mortgage Term Insurance – We always suggest reviewing the advantages of personally-owned term mortgage insurance in comparison to your bank/mortgage lender’s mortgage insurance. Personally-owned Mortgage insurance is typically much less expensive, and will cover the full amount of your initial mortgage balance (not just the outstanding balance) for the life of the policy.
- Key Person Business Insurance – If your business employs someone whose contribution is vital to your company’s survival, consider making key person insurance part of your business continuity and succession plan. The benefits payable from a key person life insurance plan could:
• Recruit, hire and train a replacement
• Pay off debt
• Alleviate concerns about your company’s financial health
• Reassure customers, employees and investors that the business will continue operating
Please contact us for a personalized life insurance plan that will protect your future.
Accidents and illnesses are a fact of life. They can happen to anyone at any time. A disability to you means a loss of income to you and your family. Without the proper level of protection, your standard of living can be affected until you are able to return to work. Fixed expenses need to be offset with regular income, and disability insurance protection is a key part of most people’s financial planning.
Please contact us for a personalized disability plan that will protect your future.
Group & Employee Benefits
A well-designed employee benefits program can make a real difference in your company’s ability to attract and retain quality talent. Your employees and their families can benefit from coverage that can include life, accidental death and dismemberment, disability, health and dental insurance and more. Most employer contributions are a tax-deductible business expense, and employees normally receive all benefits on a tax-free basis.
If you are a large or small business owner, please contact us for a personalized employee benefits plan that will protect the future of your company and your employees.
Individual Health and Dental Plans
Individual Health and Dental plans are ideal for:
- Individuals not covered by an employee group benefits plan
- Individuals who are losing group insurance plan coverage and wish to have private coverage
- Self Employed Individuals – premiums are tax deductible
- A special plan for people leaving their group insurance – no medicals
Coverage can be provided for expenses not covered by your provincial health insurance plan, including:
- Prescription Drugs
- Dental Services
- Registered Paramedical Practitioners, specialists and therapists
- Home Care and Nursing
- Out of Country Emergency Travel Health coverage
- Vision Care
- Medical Equipment, Supplies, Accidental Dental, Hearing Aids and more
A wide range of plan options are available. Please contact us for a personalized individual health and dental plan that will protect your future.
Travel Health Insurance for Canadians
Emergency Travel Medical Insurance provides coverage for Canadians traveling outside their province of residence. Several options are available, depending on your needs including:
- Single Trip Plans
- Multi-Trip Plans
- Emergency Medical Only or All Inclusive with Trip Cancellation/Interruption, Baggage Loss, Delay & Damage, Flight Accident and Travel Accident.
- Travel Canada Plan (travel in Canada only – 50% premium reduction)
- Trip Cancellation/Interruption – also available on a Stand Alone Basis.
Visitors to Canada Health Insurance
Emergency Medical Insurance is available for:
- Visitors To Canada
- Canadians who are not eligible for benefits under provincial health care plan
- New immigrants who are waiting for government health insurance plan
- Persons in Canada on a Work Visa or Student Visa
Please contact us for a personalized travel health plan that will protect your future.
Critical Illness Insurance
Could your short-term finances survive a critical illness? Depending on the nature or severity of your illness you may experience a significant reduction, or even a permanent loss, of income.
Without available cash-flow, experiencing a Critical Illness might lead to emergency actions like withdrawing savings from an RRSP, which could in turn have a major impact on your long-term financial plans.
“It won’t happen to me.” Cancer, stroke and heart attack are the three leading critical illnesses – do you know someone who has suffered one of these conditions? Without protection to safeguard your financial health, your finances may never recover from a critical illness.
Critical Illness insurance provides a lump sum benefit to you if ever you are medically diagnosed with a large number of covered illnesses. These funds can be used to focus on your recovery and quality of life, or to cover off any other expenses you may have.
Please contact us for a personalized critical illness plan that will protect your future.
Long Term Care Insurance
Long Term Care coverage provides you with financial assistance to maintain your quality of life and support required in day to day activities should a chronic illness or cognitive impairment keep you from being able to care for yourself.
This tax free benefit can be used to cover the cost of having home medical or nursing care, home support services such as cooking and cleaning, or for you to stay in a care facility or retirement residence.
Long Term Care coverage is available for purchase for persons aged 40 to 80. You can choose the benefit amount you feel will be necessary for your future needs. A care coordinator is included to provide professional support for you and your family as long term care decisions can be very stressful. This insurance provides an important part of your financial future protection.
Please contact us for a personalized long term care plan that will protect your future.