Protecting your home and personal belongings
Smith Petrie Carr & Scott Insurance knows Ottawa and surrounding areas are an ideal place to call home—we live and work here, too! So, for more than 50 years, we have proudly helped local homeowners and renters rest easy knowing their property, valuables and family are protected.
As one of the largest, independently owned insurance brokers in Ontario, we have the expertise and access to top insurers to provide you with comprehensive and competitive home insurance. We provide the best protection in case the unexpected happens. Home insurance can help you cover expenses related to rebuilding your home, replacing your valuables and even lawsuits.
No matter if you own or rent, we can ensure your:
- Seasonal dwelling (i.e., cottage, cabin)
- Rental property
Understanding Home Insurance
Smith Petrie Carr & Scott offers home insurance to protect your home and personal belongings. Home insurance in Ottawa and surrounding areas general provides three types of coverage: physical damage, additional living expenses and liability.
This may be the first thing that comes to mind when you think of home insurance. Home insurance can cover physical damage to your home and personal belongings, as well as other structures on your property (like a shed, fence, garage or deck) from damages caused by:
- High winds
- Burst pipes
You may also want to consider purchasing add-ons (which are called endorsements) to extend the coverage of your existing policy to provide protection from severe weather or unexpected events like:
- Overland water
- Sewer backup
- Ground water
Additional Living Expenses
Home insurance can help cover additional living expenses and basic needs should the damage caused to your property require you to temporarily evacuate or relocate. Lock replacement, identify theft and spoiled food can also be covered.
An individual may choose to sue if they are injured, or their belongings are damaged, while on your property. Home insurance can help you cover the resulting legal expenses.
Contact Smith Petrie Carr & Scott to learn more and to get your free home insurance quote.
FAQ: Your Home Insurance Questions Answered
Smith Petrie Carr & Scott is committed to answering all your home insurance questions. Please contact us if you have a specific question that isn’t answered below.
Smith Petrie Carr & Scott makes it easy to get home insurance. Simply contact us for a free quote and we’ll find the best coverage and rate for your personal needs.
Insurance providers consider many factors when calculating home insurance premiums, including:
- the location of your home;
- the age of your home:
- how your home was built and the type of materials used;
- prevention and detection systems in place (such as security alarms, sump pumps and more); and,
- your prior insurance and claims history.
Please contact us for a free home insurance quote based on your needs.
Your home may be your most expenses possession. Home insurance can help you protect this investment from devastating costs that could arise from natural disasters, vandalism, theft and more.
One of our expert brokers can help determine how much coverage you need, find you competitive rates and discuss your eligibility for any discounts or bundling savings (for example, you may qualify for a discount if you purchase your home and auto insurance through the same provider).
Other ways that you can manage your home insurance rates include:
- Installing safety features in your home, like security and smoke alarms.
- Fixing small repairs by yourself rather than making a claim. The more claims you make, the higher your rates will be to reflect this.
- Increasing your deductible by a reasonable amount.
- Practicing proper home maintenance.
Home insurance is incredibly customizable to reflect the individual requirements of every home and family. Certain add-ons (which are called endorsements) may be available to purchase to extend your homeowner insurance to include high-value items, such as boats or other watercrafts, or increased policy limits.
Why Choose Smith Petrie Carr & Scott for Your Home Insurance
At Smith Petrie Carr & Scott Insurance, your peace of mind is our number one priority. As such, we offer a variety of professional services, including:
- Comprehensive and competitive home insurance that is customized to your individual needs.
- Dedicated claims support available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
- Knowledgeable brokers who stay on top of the evolving world of insurance and can provide the very best advice on available coverages.
- A team-based approach that ensures fast and reliable service no matter what you need, be it a free home insurance quote, to purchase a policy, to renew a policy or claims support.
As a client of Smith Petrie Carr & Scott, you will always be our priority. Our commitment is to provide you with the best home insurance coverage, rates and claims support.
Areas We Serve
Smith Petrie Carr & Scott is licensed in all provinces across Canada, and our partnerships allow us to offer diverse insurance products and quality services to our clients.