Protecting your home and personal belongings
Smith Petrie Carr & Scott makes it easy to get home insurance. Simply contact us for a free quote and we’ll find the best coverage and rate for your personal needs.
Insurance providers consider many factors when calculating home insurance premiums, including:
- the location of your home;
- the age of your home:
- how your home was built and the type of materials used;
- prevention and detection systems in place (such as security alarms, sump pumps and more); and,
- your prior insurance and claims history.
Please contact us for a free home insurance quote based on your needs.
Your home may be your most expenses possession. Home insurance can help you protect this investment from devastating costs that could arise from natural disasters, vandalism, theft and more.
One of our expert brokers can help determine how much coverage you need, find you competitive rates and discuss your eligibility for any discounts or bundling savings (for example, you may qualify for a discount if you purchase your home and auto insurance through the same provider).
Other ways that you can manage your home insurance rates include:
- Installing safety features in your home, like security and smoke alarms.
- Fixing small repairs by yourself rather than making a claim. The more claims you make, the higher your rates will be to reflect this.
- Increasing your deductible by a reasonable amount.
- Practicing proper home maintenance.
Home insurance is incredibly customizable to reflect the individual requirements of every home and family. Certain add-ons (which are called endorsements) may be available to purchase to extend your homeowner insurance to include high-value items, such as boats or other watercrafts, or increased policy limits.