For fire, water or wind claims:
- Ensure everyone is safe.
- If an emergency (fire or an injury), call 911.
- If at all possible, move valuables out of harm’s reach.
- Document the damage with photos and video if it is safe to do so.
- Call your broker or insurance company and follow any of their instructions.
- Record information such as location, time of day, weather, and other factors related to the claim.
- Make a list of damages and items damaged.
- Keep all receipts related to cleanup, repairs, item replacement, and additional living expenses.
Your insurance company will work with you to determine the extent of damage and your next steps.